Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week 3: Triple-Citrus Cupcakes

Now that the leaves are changing colors and it's getting cold outside, it feels funny to talk about this wonderful, perfect-for-summer cupcake recipe.  But that's what I get for starting this blog weeks after I started my baking habit. 

I'm smiling remembering this adventure, as it was my first time baking cupcakes from scratch.  This recipe convinced me that I should stop feeling intimidated about baking cupcakes or cakes from scratch because it's really not that difficult.  Also, they were silly delicious.  They were very moist with a delicate crumb.  The original recipe from Martha Stewart Cupcakes calls for a citrus glaze, but I decided to make a citrus buttercream instead (basically, replacing the milk with freshly-squeezed lemon juice). 



YUM


 
When my dad saw this picture, he said the basil frosting looked good.  Sigh...that's lime zest on top.



Lessons learned & recipe thoughts:


1. Cupcakes from scratch are surprisingly easy.

2. These tasted best the first couple days, but dried a bit by day three.  Lesson learned: eat faster.

3. A perfect summer cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment